Dot Coach Terms and Conditions
- DotCoach CIC, Rosyth Business Centre, 16 Cromarty Campus, Rosyth Europark, KY11 2WX, a company incorporated in Scotland (registration number SC181648) (“DotCoach CIC“); and
- You, (the “Client“). [Insert details of the client] (the “Client“).
- DotCoach CIC wishes to provide a coaching programme for the Client.
- The Client agrees to engage DotCoach CIC to deliver the coaching programme and to comply with his / her obligations in accordance with this Agreement.
COMMENCEMENT AND DURATION
- This Agreement shall come into force when the Client confirms online agreement to these terms.
- Subject to early termination, this Agreement shall continue in force until the end of the programme.
THE CLIENT’S OBLIGATIONS
- The Client shall:
- attend [a free 1 x 45 minute coaching sessions] via online web conference software e.g. Skype;
- attend [6 x 1 hour coaching sessions] via online web conference software e.g. Skype;
- shall use his / her own computer equipment and internet access; [and]
- complete the coaching programme within the duration of this Agreement (clauses 5 and 6)[; and/.]
- The Client understands and agrees that:
- he / she is fully responsible for his / her well-being during coaching sessions as well as choices and decisions;
- he / she can choose to discontinue coaching at any time but that a cancellation fee of £50 may be charged;
- coaching is not psychotherapy and that professional referrals will be given if needed;
- coaching is a relationship with the coach and is designed to facilitate the creation or development of personal, professional or business goals and to develop and carry out a strategy or plan for achieving those goals;
- coaching is a comprehensive process that may involve all areas of life including work, finances, health, relationships, education and recreation and that deciding how to handle these issues and implement choices is exclusively his / her responsibility;
- coaching does not treat mental disorders as defined by the National Association for Mental Health and that coaching is not a substitute for counselling, psychotherapy, psychoanalysis, mental health care or substance abuse treatment and he / she will not use in place of any form of therapy;
- information will be held as confidential unless he / she states otherwise, in writing, except as required by law;
- certain topics may be anonymously shared with other coaching professionals for training or consultation purposes; and
- coaching is not to be used in lieu of professional advice and he / she will seek professional guidance for legal, medical, financial, business, spiritual or other matters. Any decisions in these areas are exclusively those of the Client and he / she acknowledges that his / her decisions and actions regarding them are his / her responsibility.
- The Client confirms that:
- he / she is 18 or over; and he/she is under 25
- if he / she is currently in therapy or otherwise under the care of a mental health professional, that he / she has consulted with this person regarding the advisability of working with a coach and that this person is aware of my decision to proceed with the coaching relationship.
DOTCOACH CIC’s OBLIGATIONS
- DotCoach CIC shall provide the Client with:
- [7 x 1 hour coaching sessions] via online web conference software e.g. Skype with a professional coach who is either an accredited member of, qualified by the ICF, EMCC, AfC or ILM or is in training through an approved training provider;
- technical support to ensure services are provided;
- access to regular group webinar also known as ‘Collective Conversations’;
- membership to an online community forum ‘Know Space’
- scheduling support, where requested, to ensure coaching session are completed at a mutually convenient time;
- a forum for online resources and support;
- a dedicated DotCoach CIC contact to provide support;
- DotCoach CIC shall collate feedback from the Client and follow up on any complaint relating to the coaching programme referred to in this Agreement.
- As far as possible the coaching will be carried out by the same coach but in the event that this is impossible, DotCoach CIC shall endeavour to continue the programme with an alternative, equivalently qualified, coach.
FEE AND DEPOSIT
- There will be no fee for matching activity or first 45 minutes coaching session.
- The fee for continuing the programme after the first session will be set by DotCoach CIC. This shall be paid in full before the programme commences unless written confirmation has been supplied confirming successful application of a bursary.
- Instalment plans will be split into 3 even instalments. Payment 1 will be required before the programme commences. This will be followed by payment 2 at the start of month 2 and payment 3 at the start of month 4.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing between the Parties, the Client shall keep confidential and not disclose to any third party any confidential information gained in relation to this Agreement. Such confidential information shall include any information reasonably deemed to be of a confidential nature.
- Any intellectual property shall remain the property of the owner and shall not be shared or distributed without prior written consent.
- DotCoach CIC shall own any intellectual property arising from and in relation to this Agreement.
- These obligations apply during and after the duration of this Agreement.
- DotCoach CIC shall manage any personal data held or processed in relation to this Agreement in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- DotCoach CIC reserves the right to terminate this Agreement with immediate effect for any reason
- If this Agreement is terminated early DotCoach shall provide a full refund within 7 days.
OBLIGATIONS ON TERMINATION OR EXPIRY OF THIS AGREEMENT
- The Client shall promptly return to DotCoach CIC any materials, information or property reasonably deemed to belong to DotCoach.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- DotCoach CIC shall not be liable for any injury, loss or damage to the Client in relation to this Agreement except where excluded by law.
- Coaches are not directly employed by DotCoach CIC and, whilst there is a strict assessment and recruitment process, DotCoach CIC shall not be liable for the conduct of the coach and any views they express may not represent those of DotCoach.
DISPUTE RESOLUTION AND JURISDICTION
- As far as possible any problems or disputes shall be resolved promptly and informally by the Parties acting reasonably and in good faith.
- This Agreement and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Scots law.
- The courts of Scotland shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any unresolved dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this Agreement.